Català | Español | English | Deutsch Buscar
Canal Palma YouTube Canal Ajuntament de Palma twitter Canal Ajuntament de Palma Instagram Facebook


Can Ferragut (Can Caulelles)


The main doorway has a semicircular arch and leads to the entrance, from where we can see a small staircase on the right with a doorway leading to the study. A basket-handle arch gives access to the inner courtyard. The capitals are decorated with the coat of arms of the Caulelles family.


The house was built in the 16th century by Joanot de Caulelles. In the year 1660 it passed to the Pueyo family and was subsequently sold on a number of occasions. In the year 1850 it was owned by Llorenç Vicens, as mentioned by the erudite J.M. Bover in his book Nobiliario: "The house of the Caulelles family is nowadays located next to the Literary University (Universidad Literaria) and is owned by Mr. Lorenzo Vicens. The family's coat of arms is on display there: a golden shield decorated with black cauldrons, all surrounded by chains fashioned in the form of a net" (Bover, J.M.:106).

In the year 1923, the house belonged to Margalida Pou Guasp, wife of Antoni Ferragut Sbert. The Ferragut family still owns the house today.
In the year 1963, the manor was subject to reforms that were led by the architect Josep Ferragut Pou, son of the owning family.


- Bover, J. M.: Nobiliario mallorquín (Mallorcan Nobility), 106

- Murray-Pascual, 1999, p. 34-35

- Patis de Palma (Inner Courtyards of Palma): Ajuntament de Palma-Baltar & Associats, 2002, p. 95



Street  de l'Estudi General, 9

Palma 07001 (Illes Balears)

 View in Google Maps    See Palma Guide

Further details of interest:

At the back of the inner courtyard we can admire the ceramic mural by the artist Castaldo.

Multimedia gallery


Can Ferragut panoramica Can Ferragut 2 Can Ferragut 1

Date of last modification: 2 of October 2014

¿Te ha sido útil esta página?

© Ajuntament de Palma Plaça de Cort, 1 . 07001 Palma (Illes Balears) Telephone: 971225900 - 630308226